Ever think about what your life would be like without air conditioning? It’s probably something you never want to imagine and it might even scare the heck out of you. Well, thanks to Willis Carrier, most of us don’t have to live life in the heat so we’re taking some time to reflect on his marvelous accomplishments.
Looking Back at the Life of Willis Carrier:
- It all started back in Angola, New York – Willis Carrier was born in November of 1876.
- He earned his engineering degree from Cornell University in 1901 and then went on to design the world’s first modern A/C system the following year.
- In 1911, he developed the Rational Psychrometric Formulae.
- Founded the Carrier Engineering Corporation in 1915.
- In 1935 he was awarded his honorary doctorates from Lehigh University and then Alfred University in 1942.
- Willis passed away on October 7th, 1050 in New York City.
From an early age, Willis Carrier realized that climate, comfort and production requirements would all lend a hand in determining the value of air conditioning. In the beginning, he developed a network of international dealers, distributors and customers that led to the roaring success of the air conditioning industry.
Carrier now leads the industry with highly energy-efficient products and manufacturing processes and we’re excited to see where it all goes!
The right Cincinnati, OH, AC repair professional can fix your air conditioner quickly. If you want fast service and friendly technicians, come to Rusk Heating & Cooling. Call us today at 859-431-4040.