Keeping your air conditioner in good shape is less expensive and complicated than you probably think. Best of all, it won’t even take you a full day!
Warning: Before performing any of the following maintenance tips, be sure to turn off power to your air conditioning unit:
- Find the shut-off box near your exterior condenser/compressor
- Switch off the power at your breaker box
Here are a few ways to keep your AC unit running smoothly:
- Vacuum away leaves and other debris from the exterior condenser/compressor
- Use your hose to blast away any dirt or debris from the fins
- Straighten out the fins with a butter knife
- Clean up the area around your unit; allow for at least 2 feet of clearance in all directions
- Make sure your unit is level
- Dust off your compressor coils
Following these steps will not fix a broken air conditioner, but it will help your unit run more efficiently. A better-running air conditioner will also last longer!
If your air conditioning unit does require repairs, contact the specialists of Rusk Heating & Cooling. You can rely on our team of factory-trained professionals to provide prompt, expert service!