You can go a few years without having your furnace inspected, right? Well, you could. But that’s a risk you’re probably not going to be willing to take when we tell you that you could experience some serious problems. Neglecting your home’s furnace can cause costly repairs or worse, a full replacement could be necessary. For that very reason, we recommend having your furnace inspected and tuned up at least once a year. Think of it like a car, the longer you ignore it, the more likely things are to break. But it goes beyond preventing a breakdown. The following benefits also come along with furnace inspections:
- Vent systems checked for blockages and leaks.
- Combustion gases analyzed.
- Fresh air intake grills inspected and cleaned.
- Burners checked for proper ignition.
- Wiring looked at for damage or corrosion.
- Filters cleaned or replaced.
- Heat exchanger inspected for rust and corrosion.
So, there’s lots more to it than you think and if one or all of these parts are malfunctioning, you’ll be in for a not-so-pleasant surprise. Take this as a reminder to schedule an appointment with the heating experts at Rusk Heating & Cooling. We’ll make sure your system is ready to go when colder temperatures settle in so your home remains comfy and cozy all winter long.