How do you plan to save every this spring and summer? Even though temperatures are still a bit chilly, we can assure you warmer weather will be here before you know it. That means it’s time to start thinking about your home’s cooling system and ways you can cut back on energy consumption in the upcoming months. So, what’s the trick to conserving energy this year? The short answer: shade trees. Not only will planting trees in the right places conserve energy, they’ll help to fight climate change, too. Here’s what you need to know:
- Planting trees and shrubs around the west and northwest facing sections of your home will help provide protection against mid-to-late afternoon sun.
- Shading east – and west-facing windows can also help keep the sun’s warm rays out, but keep them pruned to prevent blocking the view.
- Consider plantings trees and bushes around patios, driveways and your outdoor air conditioning unit.
Benefits of Planting Shade Trees
- Can reduce spring and summer cooling costs by 35% or more.
- Use less energy for your home as well as your utility company.
- Consume less fossil fuel which means less carbon dioxide emissions.
- Help keep your air conditioning system running at peak performance.
It’s not fun to have a problem with your cooling system. You don’t want to think about it. You just expect to be cool and comfortable on hot summer days. That’s why Rusk Heating & Cooling is dedicated to assisting you when you need us most. Don’t forget about spring A/C maintenance – call us today to schedule an appointment.