The beautiful weather brings about the colorful changing of leaves and the end of the air conditioning season. After the summer heat follows the fall and winter cooldowns. A home’s heating unit has not been used in months and requires seasonal maintenance to get through the season efficiently. We here at Rusk Heating & Cooling in Covington can take care of all of your seasonal maintenance and repairs year-round.
HVAC Maintenance Tips
- Change Air Filters – This may seem like an obvious task, but often it is forgotten. Changing the filters regularly keeps the air quality cleaner and helps the HVAC system to run more efficiently.
- Clear Exterior Debris – Keep leaves, dirt, and all obstructions away from the exterior unit. It is best to periodically check to maintain the area is clear.
- Clean Interior Registers and Vents – They provide the cool air in the summer and heat during cold winter days, but how often are they cleaned? Vents can get dusty easily. Use a wet cloth or a duster to clean each vent or register to ensure better airflow and reduction in allergens.
- Update Your Thermostat – Check that your thermostat is set correctly for the fall weather. This will keep your unit from working harder and using more energy than it needs to in the cooler weather.
- Ensure Your Insulation Is In Good Condition – Your insulation is important in protecting your home from the cold and helping your HVAC system run smoothly. Check for any damage and replace any insulation if needed.
- Inspect Your Windows & Doors – Small holes and cracks in the window panes or doors could potentially allow warm air to escape from your home. By sealing these, you will help your system run more efficiently.
- Check The Unit’s Drain Line – These drain lines can accumulate debris, eventually leading to a clog or even a blockage. Look for any signs of a potential clog, and if needed bring in our professional technicians for an inspection.
- Inspect Your HVAC System For Any Damage – Checking your unit and noting any signs of an issue, such as odd odors or sounds, will allow you to provide our technicians more information on the system’s performance.
- Professional Annual Preventative Maintenance – We can handle the delicate task of ensuring the heating and cooling systems are clean, functioning correctly, tighten loose screws or wires, and identify problems.
Get Ready For Fall With The Help Of Rusk Heating & Cooling
Keeping your HVAC system running efficiently can save money on energy bills and prevent expensive repairs later. Seasonal maintenance performed by the Covington heating and cooling professionals at Rusk Heating & Cooling will keep your unit running at its best for the longest time possible. Excellent preventative care can potentially eliminate or reduce the HVAC system going out when it is needed the most. Schedule seasonal HVAC maintenance today and make a wise choice for tomorrow.