Find yourself tossing and turning in bed as you drip beads of sweat? Don’t have any energy because the heat got the best of you? Can’t seem to cool down no matter what you do? We’ve all been there and it’s common for homeowners across the Greater Covington area to find themselves in a constant struggle between cranking up the A/C and trying to save on energy bills. Well, you can take a deep breath and relax because there are lots of ways you can stay cool without the help of your air conditioner.
- If it’s hot in your bedroom at night, face your fans out, not in. This will help draw the warm air out of the room giving it a chance to cool down.
- Cook outside whenever possible. Cooking in the oven or on the stovetop only adds heat to the room so this is a great reason to fire up the grill!
- Use window treatments to keep the hot sun out. Close curtains or blinds during the daylight hours when the sun is strongest to keep the rays from penetrating into your home.
- Consider cooling pillows and sheet sets. They’re designed to keep your head and body a few degrees cooler than the air surrounding you while you sleep.
- Eat and drink plenty of cold things. Keep your water bottle full of cold water and swap out the warm meals for cold cut sandwiches or frozen fruit bars.
Trying out some of the tips above will help you save money on energy bills this season. But if you can’t stand the heat, we’re always here to help! Call on Rusk Heating & Cooling for all of your air conditioning repair and installation needs this summer.